Hanericka Farmstay offers children and adults, the unique opportunity to experience Australian farm life first hand.
Pull on your farm boots, slap on your hat and roll up your sleeves to help with animal feeding. We have chooks, ducks, turkeys, bottle-fed lambs, alpacas, camels, goats and our pet pig, "Porky". (We are always on the lookout for willing volunteers to help with washing and sweeping out pens, make-up milk powder for lambs, sweep-out farm sheds, collect eggs, put down fresh straw for nests and so on!)
With a well-deserved and hearty morning tea under your belt, it's time to round up the horses for saddling and riding (kids only). We lead beginner riders around the farmyard with some basic tips to build up their confidence. More advanced riders can ride in arena.
For all guests whether staying for just one night or for several nights, it is our pleasure to take you for a farm drive to see beyond the immediate farmyard. You may see large-scale machinery, a shearing shed, sheep &/or cattle, sprawling paddocks of canola, wheat or grazing land for as far as the eye can see. Jump on the back of a ute or climb up on the wagon for a fun, farm drive!
The afternoon is free for you to do as you wish. With the whole farm as your playground, there is a smorgasbord of unstructured activities for you to choose from and if you need some more ideas …
• Swim in the inground pool (warmer months only)
• Play tennis (racquets and balls provided)
• Play in the tree/cubby houses
• Go for a bushwalk
• Borrow a bike or bring your own to ride along the many miles of farm tracks
• Sit around a camp fire with marshmallows and damper (winter months only)
• Explore the Australian Women's Wheat Barn (mini farm museum &craftshop)
• Hand-feed or play with the animals
• Enjoy an indoor game or hire a DVD
• Help Deniz or Amanda (hosts) with farm chores such as collecting firewood, collecting mulsh for gardens, cleaning out sheds & animal yards etc)
• Go for a drive to see the local region and attractions
During the school holidays or upon special request or when there are many guests to join in with the fun, we are happy to host a bushdance, variety night concert, game's night or bonfire!
With a most willing staff to oblige in every way possible, we guarantee an educational, relaxing and fun holiday for all!